Phobia is an extreme inappropriate reaction to stimulus. Very often phobias are combined with panic attacks. Almost every kind of phobia and panic attack can be treated by hypnosis with very high effectiveness. Here are some examples of phobias:
- Acrophobia – fear of heights.
- Agoraphobia – fear of vast openness or crowdedness of environment.
- Anthropophobia – fear of people, also called interpersonal relation phobia.
- Demophobia – fear of crowd.
- Aquaphobia – fear of water.
- Aviophobia – fear of flying.
- Nosophobia – a kind of fear of bacteria and illness.
- Claustrophobia – fear of being closed in small spaces.
- Blood phobia/homophobia – fear of blood.
- Laliphobia – fear of speaking especially in public.
- Xenophobia – fear of anything that is perceived as strange.
- Zoophobia – fear of animals.
- Arachnophobia – fear of spiders.
- Social phobia/Social anxiety disorder – fear of one or more social situations.
- Fear of a dentists.
- Fear of syringes.
- Fear of injections.
Above mentioned examples cover only part of the most known phobias from which you can break free with help of hypnotherapy.
One of the best known phobias is a social phobia – fear of people, being the centre of attention, social situations, using a public toilette, making speeches, meeting new people, travelling by public means of transport and others. Socio phobia is sometimes classified as an extreme shyness. It is manifested in many ways and in various social situations. If a person wants to free oneself from it, hypnosis is highly recommended.
Panic attacks can be controlled easily by undergoing the therapy. Panic attacks (anxiety) are usually characterised by the following symptoms:
- sudden feeling of fear or anxiety (triggered by phobia stimulus or independently),
- accelerated heartbeat,
- sweating, feeling of jittery,
- vertigo, nausea,
- fear of losing control,
- fear that something terrible will happen,
- constriction in chest.
There are many hypnotic techniques that can be applied to phobias or panic attacks (anxiety). Phobia is usually a result of a traumatic experience which was associated by one’s subconscious mind with the particular event which caused it in the past. While one is displayed to the stimulus his or her subconsciousness evokes the emotional charge and as a consequence he or she feels panic, discomfort and so on, and so forth. On the conscious level one may not even remember the initial situation which caused the phobia, one only knows that he or she does not feel comfortably in the lift, is overcome with terror when sees a mouse, fears flying.
The healing consists of finding the initial situation and changing the associations connected with it. During the hypnotic trance appropriate reaction to stimulus can be learnt. Panic attacks can become familiar by means of controlling them, for example by breathing techniques. You will never be defenceless in face of growing fear. Several techniques can be used and they are selected individually.
To get rid of phobias or manage panic attacks it takes from one to several sessions, depending on the case.